Thursday 6 September 2007

The Val Holmes trip sounds great, Gina, and your girls are very much looking forward to it. They both did good work on the course - here's a photo of a piece from Dorothy - not too well cropped by me!. Sandy's work was lovely too - will put it up tomorrow.


Sarah - glad you're home safely and not bearing a grudge about the excessive stairs. No spider crunching cats or incontinent kitties today - we will get back on topic - but I do hope that you find a home for the kits, Artibliss.

I am a bit shattered after the two intensive days but at least it resolved my insomnia. Slept like a log last night. I have some photos of the work from the course - not brilliant pics as the light was poor. Everyone produced exceptional work, which is amazing considering we only had two days and we sampled lots of techniques. We had a relaxing start yesterday morning when the brief was a landscape study using natural wools with just a little silk and nylon for accents. I like Annette's Floating Landscape.


The wools were from all makes of sheep - we loved the wool from the seaweed eating flock in Ronaldsay. (Think that's correct, doubtless someone will know.) Here is Jane's landscape. Lovely delicate tree.



Kay made a fabulous bag. We were layering up embellished surfaces, putting organza on top and then stitching. Cutting between the stitching and embellishing again gave us all good results. This technique forms the borders of this bag.




Yvonne's zapped lace piece was so delicate. This pic doesn't do it justice.





You can see what a great class they were. We also had a lot of laughs - and broke a few needles. I'll show you some more tomorrow. Right now, I need coffee - lots of coffee.

6 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Enjoy the coffee, you deserve it. You and the students worked very hard to produce such lovely work over 2 days. Well done to all, and thanks too, to the students for allowing Maggie to share the work with us all.
Have a lovely day, but knowing you it will be action packed with textiley things.
Best wishes
Maggie( the other one)

Gina said...

It looks like they've had a fabulous class Maggie. The work looks great. I know they will have had lots of fun and I look forward to hearing all about it!

Françoise said...

Lovely work!
When do you come and teach on the continent?

artisbliss said...

Lovely, Maggie. I'm envious at your having two entire days to play. How wonderful for you.

I've posted photos of the fiber exhibit at our local gallery on my blog. Please do have a look.

Julie said...

All of this work is beautiful but I especially like the delicate landscape and Yvonne's lacy piece. Sounds like you needed the good night's sleep.

Penny said...

Maggie thanks for the photos you put up, i rarely have time to comment but they are wonderful to look at and to wonder, now how exactly was that done.
Finally printed wow out yesterday, looks like more no I havent time moments coming up.