1. I broke a tooth on Sunday while eating a soft boiled egg and soldiers. Demanding stuff. The dentist has managed to fix it today, and I didn't even have an injection.
2. We have had a pair of Goldcrests in the garden all morning. Tiny little chaps with brilliant flame coloured heads. Lovely.
3. I think the longer video clip is OK. I'm sure you'll let me know.
Thanks for all the encouraging messages. Sharon - you certainly need a book on the embellisher. I can recommend one (grin). I printed my design on Jacquard Ready-to- Print Silk. I know you can do your own by soaking the fabric in Bubblejetset but I'm always too impatient. It works really well on the embellisher, although you can't always recognise the image when it has been chewed up. Part of the fun.
Today's instalment of the soap opera features one of my favourite toys, the Melting Pot. If you don't have one you can melt the Ultra Thick Embossing Powder (UTEE) in a ladle by holding a heat tool underneath it - or use a gas flame if you cook by gas. Try to find a ladle with a spout to make pouring easy. To make the results less brittle snip a small amount of a glue stick and melt it with the UTEE. I'm using it here to make a roundel for a Celtic book I'm working on.
I love dripping onto a mini Moulding Mat as these are very strong and don't mind the heat. You need a flexible stamp to make removing simple. The problem is always how to fix the resulting treasure to fabric and this is my solution.
Be careful as the melted UTEE is very hot. Allow to dry and remove from the stamp. Then you can stitch through the scrim to attach it to anything. Here is how the 'drippers' look when peeled off.
The water soluble paper has been wetted, 'pulped' and formed into a circle. I have sprayed both drippers with Burnt Umber Moonshadow Mist. You can also see some lovely little hands that Dale sent me - also dipped in the pot. I have cut a circle from a tissue/ felt fabric as a background to my scrim piece.
This is what the scrim diripper looks like when stitched onto the felt piece. I painted the fabric with blue metallic paint first. I stitched all round close to the UTEE and then snipped off the remainder of the scrim. Lots of french knots that you can't really see.
Here you can see it on the front of my Celtic book which is not finished yet. I dripped in a zig-zag pattern to make the chevrons.
This is the watersoluble paper piece, below. It had a little wrapped cord stitched on when dry and has been painted with a dry brush of gold paint and some Pearlex.
Tomorrow I'll show some more drippy stuff on the Celtic theme. Let me know if you've enjoyed this and have found it useful.