fibrenell, it seems unbelievable that the sun melted your hosepipe. I'm so sorry about the awful fires in Oz - such a worry for you all and we're thinking about you.
Clive was forced to go to Bournemouth to do some banking on Friday so I went with him as I am fed up with my clothes and needed new jumpers. On the way, the rain turned into a howling blizzard and, even on that short journey, the roads were getting slippy. We agreed to press on and C left me in Marks, saying that he'd be back for me in twenty minutes and I had to be all paid up and ready to go. Well girls, it was like a trolley dash, the time limit went to my head and turned me into a shopaholic, throwing all manner of unsuitable garments into my trolley, on the grounds that I could change them later! I spent a fortune - and having got them home haven't even tried them on yet. A form of insanity, obviously.
It was a horrid journey home but we followed a gritter for some of the way. Our county is supposed to be using table salt, having run out of the rock variety. I have a few large pots 'salted' away in the workroom, perhaps I should flog 'em to the Council, and get my M&S money back.
Jane said it was wonderful being snowed in at Urchfont and I quite wished I'd gone. She is home safely now.
I have a new camera - a tiny little Nikon Coolpix S210. It was very cheap and I needed a new handbag snapper. Trouble is, it is so tiny I can't pick it up without pressing strange buttons by accident.
So - out in the snow looking for marks that I could turn into backgrounds. The snow was at the icy stage of being part thawed and then frozen.
A strange creature kept popping into the viewfinder.
Footprints with a top layer of pastel colour are quite fun.
This area of lawn was duplicated in the Layers mode and then had a pale gradient on the top layer. The gradient was in bands which gave the result below. I used a Coloured Edges filter to give a little definition.
The ice on the decking was quite spectacular as you can see below
It was coloured with a stripy gradient, as before.
And then displaced with a Celtic motif.
Loved this effect, so just gently coloured the same image - see below.
Used the same Displacement Map and grabbed a Selection to make a design for a cuff, below. I have several talks booked on 'Designing and Making with a Celtic Theme' so I will try to turn this into stitch.