Monday, 7 December 2009

The Party

Thanks to all those who commented or sent messages about the new Workshop on the Web format http://www.workshopontheweb.com/ Great to know that you're all so delighted with it.


I think that I have blogged about our charity party every year since I started blogging. It is really an ex C&G event and it began twenty-seven years ago when Yvonne Morton first started teaching the creative embroidery C&G course in a village hall near Christchurch, Dorset.


Sadly there is no longer a local C&G running but the party continues and my Beyond Stitch group are currently the ones organising it, in particular Maureen Beale. We choose a local charity (this year it was the Youth Cancer Trust who give young people with cancer fabulous holidays and a support group for when they go home), organise a speaker and traders and everyone who buys a ticket brings something fabulous to eat.


On Saturday we had Sue Chapman as a speaker and she was great. She brought along so much work for us to see. We also had the bag challenge competition and a mini exhibition of work from anyone who cared to bring a piece along. Where are the pics, you ask? The answer is that I forgot the ****** camera! I am hoping that someone else took some so you may yet get to see them. I am so cross as the work was excellent. If all else fails, I'll get Beyond Stitch to bring their bags in and show them to you then.


It really was a lovely day and we were all exhausted but we made lots of money for our good cause and had a really good time. The tickets are like gold dust as the hall only holds about sixty people and we think we'll lose the special atmosphere if we move. i reckon we could sell them on ebay!


Anyway here is a lovely pic for you. I treated myself to some Mulberry Silks threads as I am doing lots of hand stitching. The medium weight silk is lovely to use. Thye are all wrapped up in ribbons.
.





.
I can understand why Jean Littlejohn used to run counsellimg classes for those who can't bear to open them - they look so pretty in the pack. Here's the website for those who lust after them, as I do, http://www.mulberrysilks-patriciawood.com/. Must go now - I can hear them calling!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh Maggie, what gorgeous silk threads. They are so beautifully presented too. We used to save up for them when I was doing C&G and take ages deciding which ones to choose. When I treat myself to a new pack of fabrics or threads I have to undo them immediately or they would become ornaments! Glad your charity event was such a success, especially after all the hard work that went into it. You aren't the only one who forgets the camera - infuriating isn't it?