Saturday 29 May 2010

Yesterday's Diary

I wrote this yesterday but didn't get around to publishing!
Here we are, home again at last. Really missing the Italian sunshine - the basking lizards.
.



.
The white mass of the Masseria against the sky.
.


.

The poppies in the fields.
.



.
I’ve been a bit of an absent blogger as my last few days in Italy were rather spoiled by a horrid tummy bug. We went out for a meal on Saturday night and my problems started early Sunday morning. No-one else was affected so maybe it was unrelated. Managed to keep popping in to class on Sunday but felt so bad by late afternoon that I took to my bed. This meant that we didn’t do the class summing up session and I got no photos at all. So disappointing. In fact I am still feeling poorly so I am off right now to the docs.

Home again, armed with antibiotics to zap the Italian bug. Hope it works quickly as I am going to see Mark Knopfler tonight with the wood-working son-in -law. I am determined to go, even if I have to stand by the loo door all the way through. I am impressed by the fact that there is no support act - just him for two hours.

The good thing about being home is that I can start working on some of the photos. This one, a wall fresco, has been printed on ink-jet cotton.
.



.
I am hand sewing to enhance the shapes.
.

.

Plan to use some of this furnishing voile on top - like the look of the words.
.


.


.
Two more pieces of news: Workshop on the Web has a Facebook page, so do come and be our friend and I am in Groombridge in Kent next Saturday doing demos and a talk. Contact me for more info.

P.S. Mark Knopfler was great and I stayed in my seat all the way through. My head is still buzzing with the music.

6 comments:

Julie said...

So sorry to hear you missed out on the end of your Italy experience Maggie. I hope you'll soon feel much better and be back to your usual self.

pascale putz said...

Hope you feel better very soon Maggie.

Heather said...

Glad most of your trip to Italy was such a success and do hope you will soon be feeling much better. The frescos are looking lovely.

JP said...

sorry to hear about not being well - tummy bugs are just the pits as Ladies always have to queue!! - love the look of the fresco pieces - take care - think of the weight you have probably lost as a bonus!!!!!!

vintagerockchick said...

Italy trip looks great Maggie - just sorry it was marred by your dickie tummy. Glad you have recovered sufficiently to enjoy the gig!

Heather said...

Just taken a look at the new WOW tutorials - another bumper crop and plenty to keep our creativity going. I just need another 24hours in each day to have a go at all the things I want to try out.