Saturday 26 February 2011

Urchfont Delights

Hi Again - yes, it's me, the errant blogger who has been neglecting her post. Been frantically busy, lots of trips to the DIY store as well as finishing the classes for the mixed media book.
.
Here's a sneaky look at a sample from the next class.
.


.

Oh yes, and the garden did call a bit, as well. Add to that the fact that I sneaked off to Urchfont College and had a wonderful couple of days - so, a bit of fun too. I belong to a group that meets three times a year and, while we don't have a tutor as such, we are all very generous at sharing our ideas. We also help each other when stuck on a piece of work. It's amazing what other people can see that you can't. We have a space for another member so, if you are interested in a two night course in Wiltshire (near Devizes) and are prepared to abandon your diet for a few days, drop me an email.
.
Although we don't have a tutor as such and tend to do our own work, we also have themes where we'll take a topic or a technique and all have a play. Our next theme is stiffening and wiggling (no obscene comments, please). So what do we do?
.
Well, Jane Wild had found a wonderful set of American water colours and produced some amazing results.

.



.
She is very generous with her considerable knowledge and has given us some exciting drawing tutorials.
.

.
You'll all know Anna from her blog - she is making costumes for an exhibition at the Urchfont open day in July. That will be well worth seeing.
.



.
Chris is a quilter and did all her finishing off bits - you can tell I'm not a quilter, can't you?

.

.
Sue is our organiser and also has great ideas for work. Here she is busy deconstructing a piece.

.

' And putting it back together again.
.



.
So, if you'd care to join our happy band drop me an email and I'll tell you more. maggie@workshopontheweb.com
.
I'm sure you'd love it.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Fascinating post Maggie - love the look of our next lesson. Your group sounds so tempting but I know I'd be in way over my head, added to which at present I have no energy, either mental or physical. I'm sure you'll find someone to fill the gap. I love that last piece of work - clever lady. Don't work too hard! Mind you, that's the only way to get everything done.

Elizabeth said...

What an interesting group, with such diverse interests! Unfortunately I'm in Australia - oh dear!

Diane said...

Oh how I wish I could join the group.
I have just come back from a couple of days in Sydney but will print off the next workshop so I can sit and read it. Looks good and lots of fun. I am sure e will all enjoy it.

Diane

Diane said...

This is for Teresa. I was looking on Ebay for 'stuff' and found that there is a place that sells tea bags very cheaply. There are 110 pieces in the packet. I have ordered one packet to see if they are suitable and will let you know. You need to go to www.ebay.com - not the UK one. The item number is 180613577155 if you are interested.
Diane