Friday 18 March 2011

Been there, Seen that, Had a Great Time

We've been to Cheshire to give a talk for the Guild. What a great branch - loads of members and lots of enthusiasm.
.


.
Stopped off at a wonderful exhibition in Stafford - at the Shire Hall. Called 'Drawing with Thread', it's outstanding - do go if you possibly can. The pic above is by Cas Holmes.

The one below is by Morwenna Catt. I love her work and she's got some great new stuff in this exhibition.
.


.

And Caroline Kirton whose teenage portraits are so humorous.
.



Back to the branch - I was very taken with their banner.
.



.
The tiny cameos of local life were lovely.
.

.
I wrote this blog on the talks laptop and it wouldn't move the pics about. I've now managed to get home and on the other machine to put it all right.

5 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

Thanks for the snapshot of the exhibition Maggie, I do love Cas Holmes work and the others are wonderful as well

Iz said...

Cas Holmes has an exhibition at the Trinity Centre in Tunbridge Wells, starting on Monday, and I can't wait to go!

Heather said...

I love Cas Holmes work and the 'Teenagers' too. Glad you had a good time in Cheshire and I'm sure all the EG members did as well. Their banner is wonderful.

Jensters said...

Really like the work of Cas Holmes....thanks for sharing your time out Maggie.

Unknown said...

Hi Maggie,
I so enjoyed your talk last Thursday, full of fun and loads of tips for progressing my work. I do hope the house move settles quickly and you can come an take a workshop for us!
Regards Marjorie Derbyshire
Secretary for South Cheshire Guild.