Just a quick post today as I'm off to Bournemouth (nearest large town). The excuse is that we have broken our long arm stapler which is needed to finish off the Val CH boards. I also need some white velvet for my inkjet transfer paper experiments. I suspect that ironing it over will flatten the pile but it's worth a try. I know I've got loads of white somewhere, but it is in hiding.
Here's a page from the experiments book which insists on sitting up here next to the text. I've put in loads of CRs. Anyone got a cure?
Really the stapler is just an excuse to go to our favourite coffee shop, armed with the paper, and chill for a while. Neither of us has time for this, but we've put in a couple of fourteen hour days this week so we need a treat.
I'm attempting a photo but they all look so awful. I always resist having an author's pic in my books but Interweave are insistent. So, hopefully, here I am checking out how the beard's growing. Believe it or not it's the best of a bad bunch.
I was trying not to have a gloat while reading Dale's blog (about struggling to get things finished) as I have finished my article for the Quilting Arts 'special. Got paid back for that when I finally got round to doing some more book writing - a chapter has disappeared! Serves me right.
I'll keep you posted on the velvet experiments.