Wednesday 1 July 2009

The Morning After

So many thanks to all who have responded about the books. It's always a bit of a worry - how will your baby fare out there in the wide world. This time I had a step-child to worry about as well - Lynda and Carol's book. Not that I was really worried about that one as I know a good thing when I see it and their book is quite unique.


Sharne - I didn't recognise you without your bits'n'bobs (so to speak). How great that your envelope came out first. I have to say that yesterday was a little fraught - we had so many orders that we had to organise a van and more books, so much of my time (when I should have been quaffing champagne) was spent lurking at the lock-up!

Doreen - we by-pass the post office and take the books straight to the local sorting office who are wonderful. Fiona had us so organised; she had all the labels on the envelopes ready for us. Clive and Fiona stuffed and I wafted about, getting in the way, while Phil made trips to the sorting office. I put some of these cards into the give-away. They are made by Jane Wild's daughter Emma and I think they are so lovely. She majored in fashion drawing and I love the combination of the figure and the postcard, complete with stamp.



She has a web site http://www.emmawild.co.uk/ if you want to see more.

I have a confession about yesterday's champagne. It was a bottle that I grabbed from the wine cellar (aka the garage) on my way out and when Fiona looked at it, there was a Tombola number taped to the bottom! So I was acused of being a cheap-skate and we settled for a good Aussie Shiraz instead. This was drunk with our fish and chips after all the books had gone. Not quite the best part of the day but pretty close.

14 comments:

Julie said...

Phew! How's that for service? My books arrived today together with your lovely extra of black and white ribbon/edging. Thank you for making such a huge effort to get everything out so quickly. I'm promising myself a good read while the weather's so hot!

Susan D said...

My books arrived at lunchtime, how's that for service. Thanks you for the little extra. It's been far too hot to do anything so I've spent the afternoon reading, and thinking I must have a go at this or this or this. Oh to have 48 hours in a day.

Aquarius said...

I really had to laugh about the tombola ticket. The books look good at the first trawl through and will study them more closely at my leisure. Thanks.

Heather said...

How could you have any doubts? Your baby and stepchild are both excellent. Love the story about the wine bottle with the tombola ticket and I think Emma's card is delightful. Sleep well!!

Diana said...

I'm sure all your hard work has paid off, as ever, Maggie, and that the book is another gem. I was fully intending to order it yesterday but got held up on the M25 taking a friend to Heathrow - yeeeuck - so missed the deadline for ordering and being in with a chance of one of your extra goodies. Sigh. But maybe it's just as well as I have a backlog of books to get through before I buy too many new ones (I wonder how long that resolution will last..!) It's top of my list though!
I must say that I just love Emma Wild's work. What a talented young lady - she should go far.

jill said...

Thanks for the books which were waiting in their hiding place when I got home from a sticky day at work. One of Carols postcards was an extra bonus. Just need some time to play now.

Genie said...

Mine arrived safely this morning as well, plus some pink ribbon. have been drooling all evening not sure which to start on first!!
hope you can relax a bit now

Sharne Gregory said...

Just to let you know that my books were sitting on my doorstep when I got home from work. Impressive service, thank you. The books are fantastic, congratulations to everyone involved.

Anonymous said...

WoW! I passed the postman on the way out yesterday and had to wait until I got home to see if my parcel arrived. It was worth the wait. I found Lynda's postcard in mine and it looks even better than on her blog. Thank you very much, all of you. I've made a first pass through the books and they look wonderful, but I was too hot and sticky to take much in first time. I'll read them again today. So many toys, so little time.

JeanJ

Viv Estill said...

Thanks so much for getting he books out so quickly Maggie - they're great.
Also I think I might ave one of Carol's postcards? I've posted piccie on my blog - love getting pressies! Thanks!

Sharne Gregory said...

Thank you so much Maggie, my prize arrived today, it is wonderful, and I will teasure it. I will post a pc on my blog tonight if I am back early enough or tomorrow, I am dashing off to fund raising curry night!

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

Well done for getting the launch so successfully underway in all this heat! It has completely brought me to a standstill to the extent that I missed the giveaway! Off to order now :)

Viv Estill said...

OK Maggie - looks like the postcard is one of yours as both Carol and Lynda deny knowledge so thanks very much for the lovely postcard Maggie!

Digitalgran said...

I just love the new book Maggie, you just get better! I also love Emma's work.