Been having an exciting time with Quiltwow. Thank you all so much for the messages - both here and by email. So good to know you like it and I'm really grateful to those who have blogged about it. Now I have to get on with finishing the last few pieces for the photoshoot of the book.
I decided that the best place to start was with a tidy up. I can't change my mind now about what will go in the book, as it is cast in stone (or typed in ink) in the manuscript which has GONE. Hooray. So, all the 'bits' were sorted out and my workroom tables have reappeared.
The spare bed is still buried so Clive and I have had to work hard at being nice to each other lately. No stomping off to the 'other room'. Perhaps I should suggest this as a strategy for marriage guidance counsellors? In the sort out I found this little piece of nonsense.
It reminds me so much of Val, as I made it for her Edges and Finishes book. It's a sort of tassel-thingummy. Made it by digitising a heart shape and stitching it out in gold and red metallic threads. Then I stitched a few rows of built in heart patterns. More heart patterns, cut out of felt, were plaited for the cord. Val gave me some little bits of ivory that looked like bones so it was called Hearts and Bones, after the old Paul Simon song. Must make some more cords like that - I'd forgotten how effective they are.
I've been feeling guilty because I promised Arlee some Flower Stitcher work but haven't had time to sort out the samples. Val always made book wraps to keep samples in - such a good idea.
Anyway I decided to put Val's Flower Stitcher article up on the Workshop on the Web Taster site for you. This is a frebee (http://www.workshopontheweb.com/) so anyone who isn't a member can have a look. Lots of good info on using this great little gadget. Clive was giving the site a bit of a makeover so I thought it would be useful. Don't feel nearly so guilty now. Back to the tidying up.